Could someone give some suggestions? We remodeled 11 yrs ago added on a new kitchen and all done by contractor. This is the 2nd microwave we have gone through maybe 4 yrs old. This one comes on then just shuts off. We have replaced the breaker, plug it into another outlet by extension cord to see if it was the outlet. Is there something else I can check before buying another one? Just seems strange to go through 2 in 11 yrs.
We needed a dedicated electrical line for our microwave. Ours used to pop off before we gave it its own line.
We have purchased two micro hoods and neither have broken. We had our previous for 15 -20 years and only replaced to because it was creamy white colored. The current one has been installed 7-8 years. Both were kenmore and both had excellent options. They were top of their line so retail price was around $800. The last was purchased on a Black Friday sale.
I gave up buying expensive over the top microwave.. They never last. I buy the cheapest one I can find.. Only get a couple years out of them if. Lucky
Need to make sure that it’s getting vented, open up cabinets above. If it’s not vented may be over heating.
We had an older model GE microwave and it has lasted 15 year but our Frigidaire keep breaking down
My recommendation and the appliance repair man reason is to get a microwave oven that has a button to open the door
We had a similar problem. Ours kept tripping the breaker when turned on. This was a result of constantly opening the microwave door while it was still running to stop the cycle. All my kids know now to press stop, then open the door. Ours was Fixed by a Frigidaire tech service call.
Gas stove maybe the problem. I have heard people having problems with too much heat. The put in a hood fan and moved the microwave to the island
Microwaves don’t last long if used a lot. I have to buy a new one every 4-5 years.
Ive gone through 4 in a year…family of 8…though being closed in like thats not really good…leave door open a bit after use as well
The cabinet above is not open at all. So the microwave itself only gets air from the bottom through the charcoal vents
My advice is to remove the microwave/hood combo and just install a hood over the stove. I made this switch and love it. I gained so much room while cooking and the heat circulation is much better. I think your issue could be the heat coming from the stovetop. The exhaust fan works much better than the combo fan and easier to clean.
Remove it buy a small cheap one that goes ontop of the counter and put a real range hood there.
Is the plug a 20 amp, it should be by code, but even a 15 should work. Sounds strange you would loose two so soon. Is it running through a GFI? Does to need one and maybe that is tripping if so.
That’s good. I went thru 4 in 10 years I don’t know how long you expect the microwave to to last. You think it will last 25 years?
Could be internal. Mine has a malfunctioning switch ….it doesnt recognize when the door is open or closed sometimes.
I would look into that. Replacing the switch on mine is like $12. Replacing the microwave is $$$
There are people who use a microwave to reheat and whatnot. Other people use it as their main cooking method. That may be the issue with longevity.
Try and find another location for the Microwave. It is getting too hot from the stove under it.
My sister had this problem with her brand new house and fridge. Apparently the fridge won’t work on a GFI and everything in the house is wired GFI to be up to code
From my understanding you can keep the microwave over the gas stove in this situation, BUT it requires an externally ventilated microwave since the gas stoves puts off constant heat.
I also believe this is one of the models that has issues with the door switch going out (I only know about the door switch issues because we had one of the Panasonic microwaves that also has issues with the door switches going out so we did tons of research on the subject trying to fix it!). When I was looking for a cheapie microwave to get us by when ours went out there were several that looked identical to yours on there with the same description of issues people were giving away. The thing I noticed as common in all those ads were they were installed over a gas stove!
I believe it’s a ventilation issue. You really don’t have enough space around the top especially.