If you’re looking for some delicious roast beef side dishes to try tonight, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a variety of recipes that will complement your roast beef perfectly. From mashed potatoes to roasted vegetables, we’ve got something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing our delicious recipes now!
Food That Pairs Roast Beef
The roast beef is juicy, tender, and flavorful meal. It’s perfect for a family dinner or special occasion. But what should you serve as a side dish? These are just a few of the roast beef side dishes that you can try tonight. With so many different options available, you’re sure to find one that everyone will love! Be sure to experiment with different recipes and combinations to find your family’s favorites.
Best Roast Beef Side Dishes
Potatoes Step-by-Step Recipes
Here are some recipes to get you started:
- Baked Potatoes and Carrots – This simple dish is easy to prepare and will complement your roast beef perfectly.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place them on a baking sheet.
– Cut carrots into thirds or fourths and place them around the potatoes.
– Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and carrots are tender.
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon – This sweet and savory side dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Peel and chop sweet potatoes into small pieces.
– In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until smooth.
– Spread mixture into an 11×13 inch baking dish.
– Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Whipp able potatoes are the best potatoes.
Baked Vegetables Step-by-Step Recipes
While potatoes are a common side dish for roast beef, there are many other vegetables that can be paired with this dish. Some good options include:
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Gratin – This creamy and cheesy gratin is the perfect side dish for any roast beef dinner.
– Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small florets.
– In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
– Stir in flour and continue cooking for one minute.
– Slowly add milk, whisking continually until mixture thickens.
– Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
– Pour mixture over broccoli and cauliflower in a baking dish.
– Top with grated cheese and bread crumbs.
– Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots – This simple green bean recipe is flavorful and delicious.
– Wash and trim green beans.
– Cut bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp.
– Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
– Add shallots to the same pan and sauté until softened.
– Add green beans and bacon to the pan and toss to combine.
– Spread mixture into a baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until beans are tender crisp.
- Baked Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans – These tart and sweet Brussels sprouts are a great alternative to traditional mashed potatoes.
– Remove the outer leaves from Brussels sprouts and discard.
– Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
– In a small bowl, mix together cranberries, pecans, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
– Spread mixture over Brussels sprouts in a baking dish.
– Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are tender and topping is crispy.
Fresh Salads to go with Roast Beef
While many people think of roast beef as a dish that is typically served with a starch like potatoes or rice, there are many different types of salads that can be paired with this entree. Some good options include:
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Beets, Candied Walnuts, and Goat Cheese: This salad is packed full of flavor and texture.
- Caesar Salad: Classic Caesar salad is always a hit.
- Cranberry Pecan Salad: This festive salad is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Quinoa Salad with Roasted Vegetables: This healthy and hearty salad will fill you up without weighing you down.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad: Sweet and tang
Cucumber Tomato Salad:
-Cut cucumbers and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
– In a large bowl, mix together cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
– Toss to combine and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Save These Recipes!
This roast beef side dishes recipes are so good that you will not want to miss out on trying them! Be sure to save the recipes for later and share with your friends and family. Thanks for reading!