In this blog post, we will talk about distance between stove and refrigerator. What is the distance between your stove and refrigerator? If you have a small kitchen, then it may be difficult to find enough space for both appliances. Because they serve the opposite purpose – while the refrigerator cools the food, the stove heats them up a lot – it is sometimes difficult to find a balance.
Stove and fridge in the kitchen
The distance between your stove and refrigerator is very important in the kitchen. If you are planning to buy a new one, it’s essential for you to consider this distance before making that purchase! Here are some of the things that will happen when there isn’t enough space between these appliances:
- You won’t be able to open both doors at once because they’re too close together.
- It can get hot around the fridge if it’s too close.
- The bottom of your freezer may start to melt or ice up due to excessive heat from ovens.
- It’s also important to take into consideration how much space will be available for food storage after installation of the new appliance.
These issues aren’t just annoying—they could cause problems with how well your refrigerated appliance operates over time! Plus, think about safety concerns like being burned by steam while cooking.
Why fridge near the stove is dangerous?
Small distance between the stove and your refrigerator could be hazardous to your health. This is because you can set fire to yourself if you are not careful when cooking at high temperatures near an open flame, which could easily happen if it’s too close to a fridge or other appliances that may cause damage.
A refrigerator’s compressor runs in an intensive mode when it is heated by the stove, which can accelerate its wear. Its refrigerant circuits are located on the side, making it vulnerable to failure if placed too close to other appliances like a stovetop or oven that may reach high temperatures during cooking.
- What’s the minimal distance between stove and refrigerator?
The minimal distance between your fridge and a stove should be around 12 inches (30cm) away from each other so as not pay attention while preparing meals by forgetting about any hazards in case something goes wrong with what you’re cooking on top of the oven. If possible, make sure there is no flammable surfaces surrounding.
- What’s the minimal distance between hobs and electric stoves and refrigerator?
The minimum distance between hobs and electric stoves is 5 cm.
- What’s the minimal distance refrigerator and other kitchen appliances?
For refrigerator placement, you should leave at least 10 inches between it and any other appliances that are placed nearby such as a dishwasher or oven because they generate heat which could potentially cause damage if not taken into account during planning stages of construction
What to put between stove and refrigerator?
- Place a heat-resistant material like a foil in between your stove and refrigerator for protection. This will make sure that if the flame does reach something flammable, it won’t be damaged or set on fire.
- Another way to protect your appliances is by adding a screen between them. This will help prevent any heat from transferring over and causing damage or fire
- Put a cabinet between stove and refrigerator. You can place a cabinet between the distance of your stove and refrigerator to make sure that if you are not paying attention, it will prevent anything flammable from being burned or damaged. A little cabinet may be placed between the stove and the refrigerator in any kitchen, even a tiny one. Such a cabinet should be at least 9 inches broad for energy conservation. It can fit flush against the oven but must be several inches away from the refrigerator.
The final decision is up to you, but it’s important to find the right balance between your stove and refrigerator. Take some time to measure out your kitchen space so that you can best decide where each appliance should go. Remember that the distance between the stove and your refrigerator could be disposing to your health!
If this topic has piqued your interest, check out our other articles for all the details on important issues such as How to measure cubic capacity of a refrigerator or How to transport a refrigerator properly .